How much does this trip cost?
Every year we try to keep the cost as low as possible. This year thanks to our partners we were able to set the price at €699.
What is included?
- Pre – trip Workshops
- Public transportation
- Hotel (Breakfast included)
- Hoodie + Goodiebag
How can I apply?
- There are two ways to get a spot on the Student Startup Trip: *
- First, there is the application form on the AFT website. This is the main way to apply. There will be two rounds of applications to select 34 motivated students. Therefore, all students except 1 will be chosen through this channel.
- The other way to get a spot, is to participate in the KU Leuven KICK giveaway. This year, KICK is able to give away one free ticket for the Student Startup Trip to New York.
- This ticket is completely free and guarantees a spot on the Student Startup Trip 2023.
- *You can both apply through the AFT website as well as participate in the giveaway of KICK. However, be aware that the giveaway of KICK is only a giveaway for 1 spot, and that the main way to apply is through the AFT website.
What do these applications entail?
- The first round of applications consists of answering 7 questions (and 1 bonus question). This is to get to know you better and to assess your motivation.
- Only the students who pass the first round of applications will go on to the second round. These applicants will be sent a question they need to reply to in the format of a short video.
Who can apply?
The student startup trip is only available for students who are currently enrolled at a Belgian educational institution. This also includes PhD students.
What is the goal of this trip?
With the Student Startup Trip, AFT aims to give you the opportunity to discover a startup ecosystem. This way, you are able to get connected with many interesting people and businesses, and gain new knowledge on doing business in a specific area. If you are eager to broaden your horizon and expand your network, you should definitely apply!
What does the planning look like?
The trip will consist of visits to startups, innovative tech companies, incubators, accelators, investors, entrepreneurs, etc. Visits to be announced on our socials.
When is the Trip planned?
The trip is planned from Wednesday 05/04/2023 to Thursday 13/04/2023. We have an afternoon flight on the 5th of April and a return flight on the evening of April 13th. Due to the time difference, this means we’ll land in the morning in Brussels on Friday the 14th.
Do I need a visum for the Student Startup Trip?
Yes, since this year we are going to the United States of America, you will need a valid visum for being able to enter the US. Luckily there is a fast and easy alternative for a select amount of countries (including Belgium), the ESTA. There will be a guide for how you need to apply for an ESTA. The total cost for the ESTA is $21 and is to be paid by the participant.
Do I need an international passport for the Student Startup?
Yes, since this year we are going to the United States of America you will need an international passport that can couple your ESTA to your passport so that you can prove who you are. Make sure to check the expiration date on your passport and renew it if necessary.